Tuesday 23 April 2013

Days 514 to 517 - The Creature From The Pit




After seeing the above picture I don't really feel I need to say any more about this one!

What isn't shown above is the scene that follows when the Doctor proceeds to "blow" through the creatures dangly bit. I wonder how many other creatures the Doctor has performed fellatio on!

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself. The Doctor and Romana land on a planet where the Lady Adrasta is in control due to her holding a monopoly on the planet's only source of metal. An ambassador (the green blob shown above) from a metal rich planet has visited in order to offer a trade relationship with the planet but Lady Adrasta has banished him to a pit and is throwing any traitors down the pit to feed him.

This is not a great story at all and I'm struggling to say anything of note about it.

Tom Baker is rather sweaty throughout, I wonder if he was ill.

K9 is now being voiced by a different actor which I'm not too keen on. He seems to come across a little smug and if there is one thing I can't stand its a smug metal dog!

During the first half of the story the creature is seen to be nothing more than a monster and the end of episode two seems to confirm this when it rolls over the Doctor, crushing him. Let's address the elephant in the room here, the creature looks like a giant ball bag! I had to chuckle when the creature rolled over the Doctor because I thought how terrible it would have been if this was how the fourth Doctor died. It would have gone like this:

First Doctor: Old age

Second Doctor: A forced regeneration by the Time Lords

Third Doctor: Radiation poisoning from the Metabilius crystals

Forth Doctor: Being "tea-bagged" by a giant green scrotum!

What an undignified way to go! Fortunately this doesn't happen and the Doctor soon finds a way to communicate with the creature in order to learn of it's plight.

I have nothing more to say on this sorry. Utter pants!

On a brighter note, the donations are now up to £205! Thanks to everyone who has donated! And to those who haven't I'm going to be pestering you for another year I'm afraid!



No comments:

Post a Comment