Monday 31 March 2014

Day 858 - The Curse Of The Black Spot


After the complex and arc heavy two part story from the last couple of days it was nice to sit back and watch some simple adventuring on board a pirate ship.

The ship is stranded in calm waters and each time one of the crew is injured in anyway, right down to the smallest of cuts, a black spot appears on their hand and a ghostly siren appears to snatch them away. No wonder most of these pirates have such glorious beards as I imagine shaving would be a terrifying affair knowing what would happen if you slightly nipped yourself with the razor!

A bit of an odd one really. I quite enjoyed it having not seen it in quite a while but there wasn't really anything that stood out to me that much that I can talk about. Amy gets to dress up as a pirate and have a bit of a sword fight which is pretty cool. Poor Rory is marked for death straight away and ends up falling over board and drowning before Amy can resuscitate him. I'm not sure how many times Rory has died so far. I think this is possibly his third death. He died in Amy's Choice, Cold Blood and now he's died here.

The truth is revealed that an alien ship is also trapped in the same space as the pirate ship and everyone on board is dead. The siren is a type of doctor who is taking any of the humans who are ijured and treating them on board the alien ship. With all the crew taken, and with his son unable to leave the alien ship without dying, the captain decides to sail off in the space ship instead. Quite how this pirate captain is suddenly able to fly an alien space ship is a little vague I must admit.

Nope, I can't really think of anything else to say which is a shame because it's not really a bad episode. Oh well, I'm sure I will have a lot to say about tomorrow's episode, The Doctor's Wife!!



No comments:

Post a Comment