Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 710 - The Long Game


I'm a little drunk. Yes here's some inside information as to how this blog gets written sometimes. Whenever I find myself alone (which is all to often sadly) I pull out my phone (I said phone!) and start making a few notes...such as these. Whilst making these particular notes I'm sat in the White Horse whilst waiting for Matt to return from the toilet. Anyway I'm avoiding talking about the episode and there's a good reason for that...

I don't really like this one. It's by far the worst of this first series. It's not terrible but its just a bit dull really. The Doctor takes Rose and, newly acquired companion, Adam to the year 200,000 and to Satellite 5 orbiting the Earth. Again the nervousness of the production team is shown by the fact that for this entire first season we never have a story that is not either set on Earth or in a space station orbiting the Earth. What happened to all the alien planets??

My God! Matt takes ages on the toilet!!.

The Doctor discovers that human development has been stunted and that something is going on in Satellite 5 to cause this. This leads us to a villain of the week played by Simon Pegg with the brilliant name of "The Editor". Basically Satellite 5 is a huge news gathering station but the facts are being manipulated in order to control the human race. In overall charge of the station is the Mighty Jagrofess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe (okay I'll admit, I had to look that name up. It doesn't quite roll of the tongue in the same way that Raxacoricofalapatorius does).

I wonder if Matt has died....

Adam (a character I completely forgot to mention when writing my blog for Dalek) demonstrates how not everyone is cut out to be a companion for the Doctor and be is soon up to no good by trying to find out as much about future technology as possible and phoning home (using his new timey wimey phone) leaving all the details on his mums answering machine. The Doctor doesn't take to kindly it this and end up kicking him out of the TARDIS by the episodes end.

I think Matt has left...

No comments:

Post a Comment