Friday 22 November 2013

Day 724 - The Idiot's Lantern


It's 1953 and people are being sucked off by their television sets!! At least their faces are.

This was an unusual day on my journey through every episode of Doctor Who as I ended up watching this in a busy restaurant. It was a Friday and several of us had gone out for a meal after work for Lucy's leaving do. I had steak, obviously. My initial plan was to get up early to give myself time to watch it before work. Unfortunately that didn't happen, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get out of bed it seems. So I had to revert to my back up plan which was to download the episode onto my iPhone just in case I didn't make it home before midnight. Now why I didn't just watch it at lunch time is anyone's guess!

So we were at the meal and everyone had finished eating but people stayed there for several more drinks before moving on. I wasn't drinking unfortunately as I was driving but I stayed out with the others for the time we were in the restaurant. It was a really fun evening but as time wore on the anxiety grew and grew. It's so bloody stupid but I'm way too far down the rabbit hole now to complain about the mad things I'm putting myself through. Luckily the others were understanding enough (and possibly getting frustrated with me nipping to the loo every so often to catch a few minutes of the episode) that they didn't mind me watching it at the table. To all the other people in there who didn't know what I was doing I  must have looked like the most antisocial bastard in the world!

In hindsight I think I would have got home in just enough time to watch it but I just couldn't take that chance. So if any if you who were at the meal are reading this (highly doubtful! No one reads this!) then I apologise and thank you for your patience.

Look at that, a blog entry where I've hardly talked about the episode at all! Except to make a smutty joke. There's always room for a smutty joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment