Tuesday 30 July 2013

Days 599 to 602 - Terminus


What can I say about Terminus? Not much except I don't think I've been so bored in my life! Well...maybe as bored as I was at Warriors Gate...and The Web Planet..oh who am I kidding! Doctor Who is great, most of the time. But when it's bad, it can be really bad!! This is one of those examples I'm afraid.

I can't really tell you what happened, I was only vaguely aware that pictures were moving on the television and sound was coming out of it.

So the TARDIS merges with another ship (I think) where some people with a terrible disease are being transported to a space station called Terminus which just happens to be at the centre of the universe. Here they hope to be cured but really they are pretty much being sent there to die.

God knows, what that dog thing is in the picture above! I think he was called the Garm, maybe. But I have no idea what his function was on Terminus.

The Doctor discovers that at some point Terminus has travelled back in time and one of  it's engines exploded which was the Big Bang that created the universe and flung Terminus back into the future. Now one of the other engines looks like it will also explode which will spell the end of the universe. This at least explains why Terminus is at the exact centre of the universe as Terminus created the universe

Meanwhile Nyssa contracts the disease and starts stripping her clothes off for some reason. Tegan and Turlough spend a good chunk of the story crawling through an underfloor grating system.

Eventually things resolve themselves (skipping to the end now because I'm boring myself thinking of it all again) and Nyssa decides to stay behind to help the diseased people. Goodbye Nyssa, you deserved a much better farewell story than this utter crap!



No comments:

Post a Comment