Wednesday 11 September 2013

Days 645 to 646 - Revelation Of The Daleks


Every Doctor has to meet the Daleks at some point and so it becomes time for the sixth Doctor to meet the pepper pots from Skaro. 

This time they are hiding away at the funeral home Tranquil Repose. Well I say "hiding" they are sort of working there. And I say "funeral home" but really this is one of those places where people go before you die in order to wait in suspended animation until medicine advances to such a stage that whatever is killing you can now be cured... I say "one of those places" like these places actually exist!

Davros is masquerading as "the great healer" in charge of Tranquil Repose and but is using the patients as either experiments for his Daleks or processing them in order to turn them into food. This leads to one of the best lines ever when the truth if the extremely popular food source is discovered Davros claims that truth of the matter was not revealed as it would have created consumer resistance. Do you think??

Some great moments but I'm afraid to say that this story has possibly one of the most annoying characters I have yet to witness in the show. Alexi Sayle as a DJ "entertaining" the people in suspended animation is just so cringeworthy! I actually found myself cheering when the Daleks lasered him to death! If I was one of the near dead being entertained by this DJ I think I would be praying that death came sooner rather than later!

This was the last story of Colin Baker's first season as the Doctor and it was after this that the show was put on hiatus for 18 months. I'm now entering the part of the series when the show hit some very troubled waters!

No comments:

Post a Comment